Be the first to share pricing for Hey here.
What is Hey?
Hey is an email service made by Basecamp, which launched on June 15, 2020.
Here's a summary of some highlights from the Hey Manifesto:
- "A platform, not a client": Hey isn't built on top of Gmail or Outlook, it's an actual email service.
- "No consent, no attention": Nobody lands in your inbox unless you've given them consent.
- "Get less email": Hey claims not just to make your email processing more efficient, but to actually reduce the volume
- "Their mess isn’t your mess": Hey allows you to change subject lines and merge threads, so you don't need to rely on other people to follow your sorting protocols
- "Just say flow": Hey doesn't have a concept of "Inbox Zero". It treat email more like a flow, where old things just flow out of your site.
- "No bother: Hey's default is no push notifications. They can be adjusted on a per-sender basis.
- "Counterintelligence": Hey blocks all email tracking pixels.
- "Pay with money, not privacy": Hey intends to only monetize via direct revenue from customers, not via data
Hey costs $99/year.
Features and Functionality
Read Later Stack: Instead of marking your email unread again, you can simply stack to read later stack, which is visible on the main screen.
Block Read Receipts and tracking: Hey.com blocks any type tracking and read receipts which the sender has on their emails.
Private Comments: Comment privately on your emails which only you can see
Sticky: stick a note to your emails, you can see these notes without opening the full email. These sticky notes will be visible below the subject line in the imbox view.
No Limit on size of attachments: No restrictions on size limits when sending files, you can send any size attachments through hey.com and the other person gets a link to download it.
Your Speakeasy Code: If you want your close friends/people's emails to land straight to Imbox and skip the screener, then with the help of Speakeasy Code a unique code will be generated and you can let the person know to type this on subject and the mails will land on imbox.
Pros and Cons
Love the screener feature and how easy it's to use. I remember I used to set up filters for diffe...
If you mark your emails set aside or reply later on your hey.com mobile app, then they are availa...
How much does hey.com cost?
$99 per year is Hey's only pricing tier. This includes the following:
- a @hey.com email address
- 100GB storage space
- All available features and platforms
Hey offers a 14-day free trial, and does not require a credit card for the trial. Once you've paid for Hey for a year, you will keep your @hey.com email address forever even if you stop paying.
Hey additionally charges $999/year for 2-character email addresses, and $349/year for 3-character email addresses.
The main screen of Hey, which is called the Imbox (short for Important Box)
The Screener is the place where you screen new senders, deciding whether or not to let them into your inbox.
Focus and Reply is an area where you can quickly reply to any emails you've marked "reply later"
It's something you value? Do you think it's absolutely unnecessary? How do you manage share of knowledge about the code base between teams and mainly for people entering an existent project? Do you...
Hey currently has no integrations; they don't support POP or IMAP or third-party email clients. They say they need to control the experience totally to make their vision work.