I'm helping a small team that has successfully pivoted from in-person to Zoom programs. Now, they want to get more efficient!
They host 100+ programs on Zoom each month. Here's their current process:
1. Manually enter program info into a row in a Google Sheet
2. Export program info from Google Sheet into a ticket in HubSpot
3. Create Zoom link inside of Zoom
4. Create a Google Calendar event with a hidden guest list, paste Zoom link, and invite client and teacher
5. Paste Zoom link in HubSpot ticket
6. Schedule a series of 4 emails in HubSpot with Zoom link and program info to be sent to the client and teacher
- If an edit needs to be made to the program, all of the scheduled emails must be deleted and created again because HubSpot doesn't have a feature to edit afterward. (unless $30k a year is spent for Marketing Hub)
- It is time-consuming to manually do the steps in the process for 100+ programs each month.
- OnZoom (I can't find much info on this)
Any tips are appreciated!
I think you could pull this off with Zapier, it’d just take several Zaps to get everything running.
Say you stuck with the Google Sheet as the primary way to manage the details. Then, you’d likely want to switch how you’re sending the emails. You could send them via Gmail in Zapier, though you’d have to add each new subscriber and that defeats the automation. Better would likely be to add the contacts to an email mailing list app (Mailchimp and Customer.io are two I’ve used a lot, others can work well here too), and then use the Zap to create + trigger sending emails to the whole list.
Then the setup would end up looking like:
That’d get around HubSpot’s limitations, at any rate.
Looks like OnZoom would only work if you wanted to host paid calls, sell tickets, and run them through Zoom’s platform. If the team already has a way to sell tickets (or if you’re running free events), that likely wouldn’t be needed.
Coda could be used to make something that feels more like a unique app specifically for this team’s scheduling needs. What that’d likely look like is:
It’d be a bit similar to the Zap workflow, but a bit more visual, with the benefit of having everything in one dashboard.
Coda employee here: This template within the Coda+Zoom template gets you to the stage of automatically creating Zoom links. Adding in the Calendar invite and 4 emails would just be additional buttons in each row (or automations) depending on when you want to create the invites/send the emails.
We used to use Zendesk, so I'm somewhat familiar, but wondering if anything cool has been launched in this space recently. Table stakes would be ability to assign tickets, add status, and have back...
I'm looking for a way to list 3 weekly onboarding events where each one is run by a different person on our team, and where multiple people can attend each events. Ideally we could let people see a...
Hi everyone, I have an idea for a new budgeting app, but wanted to get your thoughts on the tools you use. What budgeting tools do you use? What do you LOVE about them? What’s stopping them fr...