Revision note: first pass
### What is Hey?
Hey is an email service made by [Basecamp](https://capiche.com/basecamp), which launched on June 15, 2020.
Here's a summary of some highlights from the [Hey Manifesto](https://hey.com/the-hey-way/):
* **"A platform, not a client"**: Hey isn't built on top of Gmail or Outlook, it's an actual email service.
* **"No consent, no attention"**: Nobody lands in your inbox unless you've given them consent.
* **"Get less email"**: Hey claims not just to make your email processing more efficient, but to actually reduce the volume
* **"Their mess isn’t your mess"**: Hey allows you to change subject lines and merge threads, so you don't need to rely on other people to follow your sorting protocols
* **"Just say flow"**: Hey doesn't have a concept of "Inbox Zero". It treat email more like a flow, where old things just flow out of your site.
* **"No bother**: Hey's default is no push notifications. They can be adjusted on a per-sender basis.
* **"Counterintelligence"**: Hey blocks all email tracking pixels.
* **"Pay with money, not privacy"**: Hey intends to only monetize via direct revenue from customers, not via data
Hey costs $99/year.
What is Hey?
Features and Functionality
Pros and Cons
How much does hey.com cost?
Top Hey Experts
© 2023 CAPICHE RESEARCH CORPORATION
Capiche is a secret society for software power users.
Join in the conversations: